Monday, March 9, 2009

Accident Prone

So this weekend - i managed to drop a metal tape measure on my toe, step on gum balls (you know those prickly things that fall from a gum tree) while moving in furniture in flip flops, and while trying to catch my keys from across the yard - one of them gave me a welt on my hand.

I also think that my bf must have either stepped on my toes or on the back of my flip flops 10 times over the course of our day yesterday. We went to IKEA (a new one just opened nearby) and it was so crowded, everyone was literally stepping on each other. As i turned a corner between the sofa beds and regular sofa area this girl was standing near a column and she couldn't get out of anyone's way to save her life. She eventually crouched down a bit near the column and i could hear her apologizing to everyone passing through, including myself. I guess it goes to show that you should avoid walking toward a column in a busy store - you might never be able to move forward. It was just crazy how many people were there.

I also somehow broke a toilet seat today. I mean - its not like i haven't sat on this same toilet seat many a time - but it just decided to break today. I didn't even know what to do. I just turned around and sort of looked at it. I put it back on the seat and closed the lid and just sort of snickered to myself...i mean, like that is really going to fix the problem.

When i had to tell my bf what i did - he's like "how in the hell did you do that?"

All i could do was tell him that maybe i had gained some weight since the previous evening when i sat on it. I know he was annoyed, but i couldn't stop laughing. How ridiculous is it to break a toilet seat? On the upside - i hate the toilet seats in his new house because they are fake wood ones. Ugh.

So now at least he can buy a normal toilet seat. Maybe i should tell him to get one that is extra sturdy. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I have never broken a toilet seat myself but I would also stare at it in disbelief. Now I have had toilet seat that are a bit wobbly but they just need some tightening up. And are wood toilet seats all that bad? At least they are not as cold when you sit on them. *snicker*

    ReplyDelete