Friday, March 13, 2009

Watch It

So i have this really decent watch. I'ts a kenneth cole reaction watch - silver, bracelet style. It's a far cry from my previous watch which was nike one - but it wasn't a huge bulky sport watch, it was sleek,black and narrow. It was also amazingly digital.

I wish so badly for another digital watch that didn't totally take away all my professionalism. I had to get a new watch because my last one broke after several years - but every time someone asks me what time it is, i think about how much easier life was when i had my digital watch. This stupid (yet classy) new watch has actual hands i have to squint to see to tell the time. And the stupid (yet professional) date at the bottom isn't smart enough to know what month has 30 days or 31 one days - or how to deal with the Real Whopper of February. So i have to constantly switch the date on it which i have to do...um MANUALLY.

As in i have to figure out how to pull the little dial out perfectly enough to change the date but not change the time. After a year - i still haven't mastered this. And on more than one occasion i have actually told someone else the wrong date because my stupid watch isn't smart enough to figure it out for me.

So today i look down and it says "14" and i realize it's not the 14 because i've already had a few people tell me that today is Friday the 13th. So i start trying to "fix it" which means that for whatever reason i can only get the dial to go UP so now i have to go all the way to 31 before it resets so i can get it to 13. After getting the date up to 23, i'm honestly considering buying a new watch.

A ditigal one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on! you cannot switch back to digital. And here I though you had made the "big girl watch" transformation well. lol. Maybe you just need another watch that is easier to read and you don't have to all that manual stuff. I swear by Swiss Army!

    ReplyDelete