Thursday, May 14, 2009

Creatures of Habit

I'd like to think that i'm a pretty interesting person. But the older I get - the more i realize that i am a creature of habit and that probably lessens the points on the interesting scale.

For example, i have been eating the same breakfast for 5 months. Like not just similar breakfast meals - but the exact same thing with the exception of the weekend when i rarely eat breakfast at all. But every Monday - Friday i eat 2 turkey sausages (they heat up in the microwave in 30 seconds) and 1 hardboiled egg.

I also have a cup of coffee every morning with my breakfast.

I also have developed a popcorn habit. Of course, i get the 94% fat free bags or something like that and i buy the i can't believe its not butter spray to trick myself into thinking i'm having movie-like popcorn. It's been my snack of choice for like - 2 months i'd say.

My bf and i make all of our meals on the weekend so we have everything cooked and portioned and ready to eat for lunch and dinner during the week. So we pick our meals in advance and everything we make - we have it twice. So again - if you see me eating a salad on Monday - you can bet big money that you'll see me eating the exact same thing the next day for lunch.

My bf makes it a priority to spread his meals out so he doesn't eat the same thing two days in a row. But not me, when i get stuff ready for the day i end up just taking both servings of my lunch to work with me and i'll eat them 2 days back to back.

I look back in my life and i realize that i form habits that will last up to about a year - and i will never complain or get tired of them. And then all of a sudden, i can't bear to have that dish any more. So last nite - as i was snacking on my delicious popcorn - it started tasting nasty to me.

I think that my popcorn snacking days are close to over. Which sucks because i still have some left. I anticipate it sitting in my cabinet until my lease is over.

I'm wondering how long the turkey sausage and eggs will last. I think i ate veggie burgers every day for lunch for a year once. I am so boring.

I wish i could be as quick to form a healthy habit like going to the gym everyday. I am basically forcing myself to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes as often as i can. My preference would be to get to the gym every day. But i have a semi-part time job and it makes it difficult to always have the time after work. So here's to forming a gym habit 4 times a week. This would be one habit i'd be happy to keep for the rest of my life. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this while I'm at home for lunch, eating a hot dog for the third day in a row. So there ya go.

    ReplyDelete