Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time

I'm having one of those weeks where I know I have a lot to do - but I'm lacking the motivation to be proactive about it. So i've succumbed to doing a little bit of work, taking a break and then doing more work, break, etc.

This is obviously one of my "break" moments.

As i was talking to my bf on the way home from the gym last nite - he was at work and he sounded so depressed. He told me how he was so bored at work and how nothing was ever challenging. I told him i felt the exact opposite a lot of the time. With my job - everything is a challenge. Everything takes 10 times longer than it should and sometimes its all so overwhelming that i just go into burnt out/breeze freeze mode for a few days until i can muster up enough energy to start digging into it again.

I'm hoping to feel better after I work out at lunch. I'm hoping that will wake me up and i'll have some new spunky feeling about how to make progress on some of my projects.

On another note - I went to visit my sister after the gym yesterday as she was starting to paint her kitchen in her new house. I couldn't see the whole house yet because they are still working on the hardwoods so you can't walk on them. But it was super exciting to think of my sister owning a home and really calling the Carolinas home. it's weird to think that 10 years ago, i was the first one in my family to move out of state and try life outside of kentucky. And now, my sister and my parents live in the Carolinas.

I'm proud of her for being responsible enough to buy a house. Its strange what things my sister beats me to the punch on. But on this one, i don't mind so much as my plans are pretty laid out for me at this point and they don't really require me to purchase a house on my own any time soon.

Its strange to see your little sister as an adult. Sometimes i still think of us fighting over who gets to use the phone line when we were tweens, or how we were strangers when I was away at college. I'm so glad that we've moved past that point now - and i can be a part of her life now that we are adults without the constant yelling or silence that we grew up with. Amazing how time changes things, and changes people.

Whew. Now if only time would speed up so it was 5pm and i could go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment