Monday, June 29, 2009

The Power Within....right?

So - like 1000's of human beings everywhere, I'm trying to lose some weight. I've been pretty steadily working out, lifting weights and trying to eat better for the last month or so. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a lot of loss weight wise. But i'm holding out as i know in the end - working out and eating well will win out.

It's the weekends that kill me though. Especially this last weekend - you can entitle it "Vacation with the Fatty McFatterson's" because i felt like all we did was eat poorly the whole time. And it was only 2 days. But i can feel my insides aching from eating mcdonald's, heavy mexican, donuts and fast food chinese. My body is basically rebelling against me now. So i had to go lift weights during lunch today and i'm doing turbo tonite after work which will be a good cardio blast.

I'm currently eating my lunch - a salad that i made at home with light/low fat organic dressing. I passed up the opportunity for chicken pasta bake, brownies, etc during orientation. The only thing i got from there was a roll to eat with my salad so i'd have some carbs for later.

My friend brought me a fun surprise today. It's a supplement drink mix so i can try the other flavor of this shakeology stuff i'm going to start next week. I bought the chocolate mix because the other was called "greenberry" and i'm not sure i'll dig it. But she brought me enough to make a drink and then this other supplement powder that will make it taste like a creamsiscle. So if i'm feeling really powerful today and in control - i will stop on the way home from my workout and purchase some soy milk and a banana and i will blend this for my dinner tonite.

I was planning on doing this drink in the mornings for breakfast - but i'm considering doing it for dinner most nites - because that would be quick and easy, and it would keep the calories in control. but i dunno! I will have to see how filling it is first.

So i'm working on unleashing that power within - i just have to find it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment