Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One of those days

I get like this at least once every summer. You know - that panicky..."I have so much to do but CANNOT for the life of me get motivated to do something about it" feeling? I was able to keep this feeling at bay for a little while due to a big project at work that was unexpected, challenging, and gave me the ability to dig in to it and just chip away at it. But i've finished the bulk of it, and now reality is sinking in that instead of using the summer to work on all the normal projects (like getting ready for fall semester) - i used it to work on this other project...so I'm way behind.

Alas, i've used my creative energy on this other project, and I'm just feeling uninspired. *sigh* I know, whoa is me.

I heard of the Bob & Sheri morning show this morning that studies have shown that "sleepy people" are more likely to spend their time blaming others. I would consider myself a sleepy person these days. I don't really feel like doing anything, i feel boring. I feel fat. I would rather just curl up into a corner and read sometimes as opposed to going out and doing "stuff." But I'm not blaming anyone for feeling this way, I am disproving all the research by saying "I blame myself!"

That makes me sound terrible. Again - refer to the subject of this blog. Just one of those days. I have high hopes that tomorrow will be a new day. One that the sunshine through the window makes me happy that it's summer instead of feeling like a blinding heat keeping me indoors. A day where appointments make me happy because it's the chance to meet with someone new, and not a meeting to get through.

Tomorrow, I'm sure i will be more interesting, less fat, and rested. Oh tomorrow, you're only a day away.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. I feel like everyone around me is doing exciting things these days and I'm just slugging through the summer and reading way too much. But I know that we all have seasons in our lives and this is my time to be a bit boring. The way I approach life (and you too, I suspect), I know this won't last long.

    ReplyDelete