Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Rest for the Weary

I'm feeling a bit weary. Work is busy, my work out schedule is busy, my mind is busy with other things.

And still - I find time to write about how busy i am, classic, i know.

I have a lot going on for me right now that I can't share here. Even though with the small group of followers i have, it's not a very public forum. But still, it's just not the right outlet for everything that is going on. And i guess it's that part of what i'm not sharing that has stressed me out the most lately.

It comes in waves, and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter, and other times it drives me crazy. I'm just sort of tired, and this week made it apparent that I still have an issue with bottling up how i feel until it has no other option but to explode.

I'd really enjoy a long nap right about now. But i am proud to say that despite being tired, I'm sticking to my triathlon training. Today was my long swim day - I absolutely couldn't get up this morning to work out before work, most likely because i didn't get home from work/working out/teaching class until 9pm last night. So i made sure i had time to swim during lunch.

I'm super proud of myself for making it happen regardless. I had to swim for 24 minutes today. When i think of walking for 24 minutes, or being on the elliptical for 24 minutes, i wouldn't bat an eye at that. But man...running or swimming for 24 minutes is challenging!

I'm still not an awesome swimmer, so i'm working on my form. I keep watching other people swim - they probably think i'm a stalker, but really i'm just watching other peoples form. How do i move faster? How do i not suck in water every other breath, should my neck hurt? All these questions. I guess i will figure it out as i go. I have until May before my first race happens with a swim. The 2 races i plan to do this summer are actually both less distance swims than what my training program is prepping me for. I hope that means i'll be MORE than physically prepared come race day.

I haven't been able to keep up with the running portion of my tri training. I'm still working with a sprained calf muscle (or so my doc says it's sprained). But with teaching TurboKick once a week and my other training - i figure once the strain heals I can catch up on the running since i know i'm capable.

It's just hard when your leg feels like its going to fall off if you keep running. I wonder what happened to hurt my leg so badly? I feel like it showed up out of nowhere. I'm hoping it disappears as quickly....but it's been several months and no luck. I guess i'm just not willing to stop working out completely because then it's truly like starting from scratch and i've worked too hard to do that.

So I'll just keep on keeping one. Even though everything is perfect right now, I'm working hard to be better in all areas of my life. And i can feel good about that, even on a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment