Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the Inbetween

So today's blog isn't about fitness so much. It's just about me and my thoughts because sometimes i have a decent one that sticks around for awhile and i just need to "put it on paper."

I got the rough draft of our wedding ceremony this morning and i just spent a few minutes looking at it. Digesting it. It all seems so far away and not real until you get something concrete like that from someone you don't know who has taken the time to write your ceremony out. So it's this document that has my name in it and RJ's. It's real. I know i never really forget - every day is a reminder in a good way when i see him. When i miss him, when we call each other on the phone to just say hello.

When i'm fighting off the viscous puppy that Rj wanted so badly and that i love truly and completely despite the disaster he leaves in his wake every single day.

Sometimes things get so busy, that i don't let myself enjoy the process. Planning a wedding is not so fun MOST of the time. It's exciting but only because i'm excited for it to actually happen and it just be for real.

I'm sort of over all the planning and coordinating and spending of the money. But i want us to have a beautiful day with all our friends and family that will be a great celebration of who we are. But reading over the draft of the ceremony today - i couldn't help but getting a little teary eyed thinking of how i'm going to be up in front in a pretty dress looking into RJ's eyes and repeating these very words in 7 months.

And then it floods over me that I'm fortunate to have found someone who i love so unconditionally. Someone who drives me crazy and makes me laugh hysterically all in the same day. Honestly, someone who can put up with me. Because i'm a nutjob sometimes - i know. And it takes a lot to put up with me. I guess that's really what it comes down to in love. Someone who can put up with your own brand of crazy.

How romantic. :)

We have a lot of "wedding" stuff to do this weekend, so i'm hopeful that we'll (read I'll) feel a bit more productive and i'll stop having anxiety dreams about forgetting to get my dress fitted, or forgetting to pick out music for the ceremony. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment