Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Blues or Is It True?

I have that nagging feeling inside. I've been stifling it for a little while. I'm not sure, but maybe i get the summer time blues. Let me explain. So i'm loving that it's warm outside and i don't need a jacket or gloves. But when it's warm outside, I have to fight the fact that for the first 21 summers of my life - I didn't have to work full time in an office every day of the summer. So i sit here, my feet itching to just not be at work.

Then i start thinking about whether i like work or not. And if i don't - then what would i like? And am i on the right track? Am i truly fulfilled with my career? And if the answer is no - what does that mean for me?

Now, backtrack. In the same breath I'm reminding myself i feel like this every summer. I have tons of projects to do, but i can't find my focus and i start to feel bored. Not because i don't have anything to do, but because i don't want to do any of it. And once the Fall/Spring starts, i get so busy that i forget all of these feelings.

So what's real and what's not? Is there something more? On days like today - I truly just want to go home and sleep. Or go to the pool and just lay out on one of those floaty things. I can't remember the last time i did that. I have too much on my plate.

This is one thing i'm sure of...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment