Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Choices We Make

We are from the same place
Share the same color of blue for eyes
We walk the same, i could pick you out of a crowd of legs
We heard all the same things on this journey to adulthood
But in the end, we find ourselves making different choices

Who am i to say you are wrong?
Who are you to say i am wrong?
We both read the same bible, pray to the same God
How are our understandings so different?

I am torn between feeling betrayed and loved deeply
Your perspective is one i find limited
and yet completely identify with at the same moment
We come from the same teaching

And yet - my heart doesn't know whether to break or burst
because i'm not sure i agree with you - on any of this
and would i re-write my future just to keep you happy?

Or am i pretending it doesn't matter to me? Or maybe it just doesn't -
And this choice is one i've already made

My heart is something only i can understand and i can't tell it to you
My spirit only carries the conversations that i have with Him, and you can't hear it
And you don't know my love and how my heart has already committed to
This Day Forward

And how to me - it is already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment