Monday, October 12, 2009

The Secret Stress

Apparently, i'm stressed out.

Perhaps it's a delayed reaction - because I don't really feel all that stressed out right now. After this week at work, things should calm down a bit and I'm experiencing a bit more time to breath and catch up than i was before.

Yet, every morning i'm waking up to a sore jaw. As i research my symptoms this morning on google - it seems that i have some version of TMJ. I have self diagnosed myself and have gone as far to write myself a prescription: Relax.

My fiance told me today that he wished i were more laid back. Well, me too, honestly. I work hard to appearing laid back, but those that know me really well know that I'm always thinking, always contemplating, always predicting and analyzing and making connections in my head. A machine that doesn't stop. And i guess it's started to work it's way from my brain into my jaw.

It's not a great feeling to feel like i've been punched in the face every morning when i wake up. My friend said that maybe i'm having stressful dreams. But last night i remember two things:

1.) I dreamt that we got a humidifier for our bedroom and that it was awesome.
2.) I dreamt that the next season of LOST started and i was a participant of sorts. My alarm went off just when i was getting to the good stuff!

So i don't really think either of those things are super stressful. Yet, my jaw had taken a beating apparently.

I'm in the process of moving again. Maybe that is stressing me out more than i think. But honestly - it's a good move and i have help and it's going to make life better. It's probably the last move i'll make for awhile so that should be a good feeling.

Yes, i'm planning a wedding, but things are going okay. No major stresses as of yet, although i'm sure I will have my moments.

I guess i need to connect to my psyche a bit more and figure out what it is that i'm so tensed up over. That, or a massage.

Do massage therapists work on jaw muscles?

No comments:

Post a Comment